Tuesday 3 May 2011

First day of work

First day was blissfully short, and I'm utterly overwhelmed by the amount of people I met. I'm hoping they will all remember who I am and introduce themselves again, because I'll never remember them otherwise...

Job itself will be interesting - busy, lots of good, interesting stuff, but it sounds like there might be lots of work, and I'm not at all sure I can do it. We'll see - I'm a fast learner, right?

Now have a Carte Orange, so am clearly a proper Parisian. (OK, so it's not called a Carte Orange anymore, it's a Passe Navigo Decouverte, or some such nonsense. Does the same thing as a Carte Orange.) Also will soon have (I'm promised!) a phone line and internet. I miss you, Internet, even if no one actually reads anything I say. (This is no different to real life, where no one listens to me. But it's more satisfying to whinge about it here.)

It's actually sunny again today - maybe summer really is on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment