Tuesday 21 June 2011

Blah day

Today's been a rubbish day.

It started badly, when I knocked my coffee flying reaching to turn the bloody alarm off this morning. Made worse when I spilt its replacement down my sleeve by trying to drink and walk down the street at the same time. At which time, I also discovered I've buggered my ankle up, and now can barely walk.

Work's been a series of blah non-events, interspersed with stress and frantic activity. I feel like I've achieved nothing useful today.

Then, it's Fete de la musique. While I'm not a musical person at the best of times, the main way this has impacted on my life is that apparently, everyone else in Paris is. And they all need to use my metro line to get wherever it is they're going. I had to let 6 trains go past before I could get on one, which was so packed I could barely breathe. Leaving the train soaked in sweat, I find that they're setting up a drum set (or whatever the technical term is) at the end of my road, so that will be fun later.

And my husband's run away back to the UK so I can't even bitch to him about it.

And the bread I bought to have with/as dinner is stale.

I am considering retiring to my bed and refusing to leave it until things have improved. I may be some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment