Thursday 2 June 2011

Eddie Izzard in Paris

Jazz trumpeting chickens with banana skin lips, dinosaur churches and tyrannosaurus rex playing the ukelele.

We went to see Eddie Izzard yesterday, performing in French in glorious Boulevard de Sex, as he so aptly called it, in a small theatre with a whole bunch of French people, exploring the nature of god and the history of humanity. I've never seen him performing live before, let alone in French, and I was a bit concerned that either his or my French wouldn't be up to it, but it was an awesome, hilarious show. Bits of it, as you see from the start of this post, will stay with me for a long time - I'm glad I went, will go to see Izzard again (and was impressed with his French) and urge you all to go see him if he's in your town, too. (Whether he's performing in English or French.)

So, the details for those of you who want to go see him, possibly rashly taking my advice:

You have until 2 July 2011 to see him doing his show "Stripped" at the Theatre De Dix Heures (36 Boulevard de Clichy, 75018 Paris). Tickets cost €24 each, and the show is from 7pm until about 8pm (ish). FNAC has details in French and a way to buy tickets here.

FNAC also tells me that Izzard will be at La Cigale on 2 July at 8:45pm, if that works better for anyone finding this through Google...

No comments:

Post a Comment