Monday 13 June 2011

L'amour est dans le pre

Those of you who read my Nice blog may remember my enthusiasm (roundly mocked by pretty much everyone) for L'Amour est dans le pre - a programme about the meeting of minds (or not) between farmers who frankly lack any sort of social skills and the somewhat similarly insane city dwellers who apparently like the idea of going out with them.

Tonight is the first episode of, I think, a new series! It is either that, or a "What are they doing now" special - either is good.

Those of you in France should watch M6 in about 40 minutes. The rest of you will have to live without that pleasure, though I may decide to write more about it once it's over. And, of course, if it's a series, I shall happily keep you updated as True Wuv progresses in rural France.

(The other highlight of my TV week is the recent discovery that TF1 shows House in English. They sound wrong in French - though not as wrong as the French Simpsons, which is truly a crime against humanity.)

If I have timed things right, my dinner should be ready soon - I am having leek, carrot and sweet potato soup with freshly baked baguette. I am starving. (I know you all wanted to know that.)

ETA: It's a new series! Sweet! (Also, dinner was good.)

2 comments:

  1. OHHH, I can't stand that program Nicole! I watched it once (or one like it) a few years ago.
    I watch "Dr. House" in English now, as well as the Experts...we only have TNT out of choice.
    I wish Hawaii 5-0 and Brenda were in English!!!
    And my kids love the Simpsons, in French. Pity we don't get it in English.
    Sincerely,
    Alysen

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Simpsons is a crime against humanity. And to think it is one of the only things most mortals can watch on Canal+!
    As for dubbing, it took me years to be able to watch CSI in English as they all sounded odd after starting watching it in France, but I never managed to watch a whole episode of John Nettles as 'Inspecteur Barnaby', he's just not the same when he's not a DSI...

    ReplyDelete